Tuesday, September 15, 2015

the Historical Dapitan

Dapitan, officially the City of Dapitan, is a third-class city in the province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines. 


At the Disembarkation monument of Dr. Jose Rizal. 
This is exact place where Dr. Jose Rizal first step in the remote town of Dapitan.




At St. James the Great Cathedral. Where Dr. Jose Rizal hear Mass every Sunday.
Right in front of the Cathedral (see that bermuda grass behind where I stood?) is the huge map of the entire Mindanao. The Cathedral was built with so much details. from its ceilings, walls and to its floors. As far as I am concerned, there is no Cathedral that is built without its own story. :)


This cross monument is across the disembarkation site of Dr. Jose Rizal. I call this my own as the " Dakong Krus" or " Giant Cross".

Dr. Jose Rizal is a member of the prestigious fraternity of the free and Accepted Masons. I'am a Job's Daughter so, I think there is an obligatory pose for me beside this land mark (HAHA). This land mark was built in commemoration of him being a member of the said fraternity. :)



Inside the "Tahanan ni Dr. Jose Rizal" Museum.



to the other side of the River Floating Restaurant





Inihaw and Kinilaw sa Fish Pond





Visiting Dapitan City is not complete without going to its amusement/themed park and Dakak Beach Resort. The Gloria de Dapitan. You can experience all the rides UNLIMITED! and watch the theater arts play for FREE! isn't it amazing?



We stayed at the Dakak Beach Resort for three days and two nights. Our stay was awesomely a two thumbs up!

I realized,traveling 8 hours including stop overs from my hometown (Iligan City) to Dapitan City, Zamboanga del Norte is FUN. As for myself, the three days and two nights stay in Dapitan is not enough because of the fun filled experiences! 


TWO THUMBS UP for DAPITAN!

Hanging interesting historical stories...
Visit and Explore Dapitan!

No comments:

Post a Comment